LKI 47in TH PRESS STATEMENT
OCTOBER 6, 2019
SARDINES, PROCESSED MILK, CONDIMENTS , CANNED MEAT AND IODIZED SALT TOPPED SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICES ( SRP ) INCREASES YEAR TO DATE AS DTI ISSUED 4TH ROUND OF SRP INCREASES
COMING FROM THE HEELS OF A .9 INFLATION IN SEPTEMBER, THE DEPARTMENT OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY POSTED IN ITS WEBSITE THE 4TH ROUND OF PRICE INCREASES IN SRP FOR THE YEAR DATED 30 SEPTEMBER . THE NEW SRP WAS ALSO PUBLISHED IN THE PHILIPPINE DAILY INQUIRER ON SEPTEMBER 30. THE 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD SRP INCREASES WERE POSTED DATED FEBRUARY 13, MAY 4, AND JUNE 20.
TOPPING THE LISTS OF YEAR TO DATE PRICE INCREASES ARE TWENTY SEVEN ( 27 ) BRANDS OR STOCK KEEPING UNITS OF CANNED SARDINES, TWENTY SIX ( 26 ) BRANDS OF PROCESSED MILK, TWENTY SIX ( 26 ) BRANDS OF CONDIMENTS , TEN ( 10) BRANDS OF CANNED MEAT AND 14 BRANDS OF IODIZED SALT . .
THE REST ARE COFFEE REFILL – 6 BRANDS , 3-IN -1 COFFEE – 1 BRAND BUT INCREASED TWICE, INSTANT NOODLE -4, DETERGENT SOAP/LAUNDRY -1, TOILET SOAP-2 , BOTTLED WATER 6.
THE SUMMARY OF INCREASES IN THE DTI SRP ARE AS FOLLOWS :
1. SARDINES - .25 FOR 2 SKU - Family Budget Pack Plain 155g and Master Bonus Pack
.50 FOR 2 SKU - Toyo Green and Toyo Green Easy Open
1.0 1.00 FOR 3 SKU- Atami Green, Family Buget Pack Plain 130 g and Mikado
There were eight ( 8) SKU removed from the SRP, namely, Family Premium Plain, Family Regular Pack Plain, Ligo Easy Open for Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao, Rose Bowl for Luzon , Visayas, Mindanao and Youngstown Easy Open and Bonus
2. PROCESSED MILK- All Alaska products in Tetra Pak in condensed , condensada and evaporated milk forms were removed from the SRP ,.
3. COFFEE REFILL – Blend 45 and Great Taste Coffee refill increased prices from .20 and .35 and .45 and .50 and .65.
Cafe Puro and Blend 45 @ 50 g were removed from the SRP.
4. 3 in 1 – KOPIKO increased SRP for the 2nd time at .50 . Last increase in June was 1.00 or a total increase of 1.50 ytd.
5. Homi noodle increased by .45
6. In the processed meat, all CDO brands in luncheon meat, meat loaf and beef loaf increased prices by.30 and 1.00 .
7. In the Condiments, the Datu Puti and Silver Swan brands , owned by Nutri Asia, increased prices on Vinegar in Gin and Pet Bottle by .75 each and in Doy/Refill Pack by .35.
For Patis, in Gin and Pet Bottle , increased by .80 to 1.25 each.
Soy Sauce in gin /pet bottle and doy pack/refill by .45 to .85 each .
8. Safeguard 60 g increased by .25
Earlier, the Laban Konsyumer Inc. wrote DTI on September 30, 2019 and pleaded to review and reject the increases in SRP . It was also learned from industry sources that DTI said they will postpone any new SRP increases .The said letter to DTI havc no reply as of date . The full text of the letter and attachments are attached.
Consumer Complaints and Inquiries?
Send us a message through these channels: